Monday 16 March 2015

Balakandam !! 66. King Janaka narrates the splendor of the divine Bow of Lord Shiva !!

 
 
Jai Sriman Narayana !!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Thatha: Prabhathe Vimale Kruthakarma Naradhipa: |
Vishwamithram Mahathmanam Ajuhava Sa Raghavam ||
Tham Archayithva Dharmathma Shasthra Dhrushtena Karmana |
 Raghavou Cha Mahathmanou Thadha Vakyam Uvacha Ha ||
Bhagavan Swagatham They Asthu Kim Karomi  Thava Anagha |
Bhavan Ajjyapayathu Mama  Ajjyapyo Bhavatha Hi Aham ||
Yevam Uktha: Sa Dharmathma Janakena Mahathmana |
Prathyuvacha Munir Veeram Vakyam Vakya Visharadha: ||
 
On the next day morning, after performing the morning rite King Janaka invited Sage Vishwamithra along with Rama and Lakshmana.  King Janaka reverentially greeted Sage Vishwamithra and Raghavas as prescribed in the scriptures, and spoke “Oh! Bhagavan, welcomes you.  What shall I do for you? I earnestly pray to order me.” After listening to the humble words of the righteous soul Janaka, Sage Vishwamithra replied “These are the sons of King Dhasharatha, famous to the world of Kshathriyas and they are desirous to witness the magnificent bow that is in possession of you.  They will return to their homes after witnessing the same.” King Janaka explained the reason for the famous bow displayed “Oh! Bhagavan, There was a prominent King Devavratha, from the lineage of Nimi.  This famous bow was given for the safe custody of him by Lord Shiva.  The most infuriated Lord Rudra during the disaster of Vedic ritual of Dakshaprajapathi, prepared to severe the heads of deities who were affronted by accepting the offerings of Dakshaprajapathi in his absence and all the deities were in state of trepidation was pacified Lord Shiva.  The most pleased Lord Shiva; Lord of Lords offered the divine bow to my ancestor.  Later, while I was unearth the land for the Yagna arena I have found a child and named her Sita.  I have brought her up like my own daughter, though I was received her from the Earth.  I have pronounced for a valorous bride groom for my daughter who has attained the age of marriage and she will be given for marriage to a courageous King, therefore I have invited Kings from various provinces to Mithila to ascertain their competence by lifting and fastening the divine bow.  Oh! Thapodhana/ascetically wealthy Sage Vishwamithra, I have underestimated the valor of the most of the valorous Kings, those were harassed the city of Mithila and a constant mistrust about their valor prevailed among them.  They guessed that I have disregarded them and they overpowered Mithilapuri.  An year has passed and gradually the possession for livelihood also declined,  I was in a state of extreme anguish, I had underwent severe austerities and pleased the deities who provided fourfold forces of them.  Later, the Kings who were the evildoers were defeated by the powerful enemies.  Oh! Munishardhoola, I will show the divine bow to Rama and Lakshmana as well.  If Rama fastens the strings on this magnificent bow, I will offer my daughter Sita who is Ayonija to the son of Dasharatha.”
 
 
Jai Sriman Narayana !!